Have a nice day, neighbors! It’s me again, Ash DeMello, your host at Irving Metro Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny; pleasant, low humidity. High: 86 Low: 64.
Here are today’s best stories in Irving:
- Head to artgroupsdfw.com for news from the Irving Arts Center. Highlights include an invitation to see the latest exhibition, Our Voice: Celebrating the Coretta Scott King Illustrator Awards. The exhibition, which open on October 2, is the the most comprehensive and comprehensive presentation of the award winners from illustrator Coretta Scott King never assembled since the price was created in 1974.
- A Grand Prairie family turned a memorial service into an art exhibit on Saturday as they mourned the loss of their son. Nico Escalante was fair 9 years when he was fatally hit by a car in September, leaving behind hundreds of works of art. His mother, Fernanda Sedeno, commented, “What better way to celebrate it than an art gallery that he always wanted?” »See some of the works and learn more about Nico at NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth.
- More news on the East African Chamber of Commerce Conference coming to Irving this week: Topics to consider will include the pandemic challenges, with particular attention to new strategies for a “new trade” and economic recovery. All business organizations and institutions are welcome to attend. (Irving weekly)
- Dallas Police responded to several calls overnight, including one fatal hit and run on avenue du Maroc. Read more on WFAA.com.
- Get more stories from the Dallas area, such as information about rebranding popular concert halls, at CultureDallas Map.
today Irving Daily is introduced to you through Newrez, one of the leading mortgage lenders nationwide. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Free COVID Test LLC – Free COVID Tests for All – Drive Thru – 17776 Dallas Pkwy (Visit the website)
- Soldiers-4-Christ Ministries International Headquarters – Help homeless and homeless veterans
- Add your business here
You are officially in the loop for today! I’ll see you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in some friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ash DeMello
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Irving Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]